Thursday 3 April 2014

GC4: Step-by-step Guide

I started off by using an alice headband and wrapped shiffon material around it to create a base layer. I then wrapped this fluffy brown material around it to represent the lions fur. I done this by using needle and thread to ensure the material stays in place.
I then cut four oval shapes out of the fur material and then cut two oval shaped out of the dark brown material. I then sew the brown material on the front of the fur material then sew two of the fur material together and the same with the other. I left the bottom of them unsewn so I could stuff them with white fibre polyester, and then sewn the bottom to complete the ears.
I then sew the ears on to the headband, I done it so the thread was wrapped around the headband to ensure it was more secure and would not fall of baring in mind the movement of children as these masks are for children.  
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment